[Foundation-l] Election Results

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:07:00 UTC 2009

While I personally am very pleased with the results, I wonder how the
election results will be perceived outside Wikimedia.
With numerous media outlets reacting to PARC's research about the state of
the community, I fear this endorsement of seemingly "old guard" Wikimedians
as our Board representation will support claims about the community becoming
unfriendly to new participants.
Thoughts? Am I being too nervous, or do others see that potential too?

If I'm not alone, perhaps any official announcement about the elections
(i.e. on the Wikimedia blog and in press releases) should address this, even
if only tacitly.

Steven Walling