[Foundation-l] Report to the Board April 2009

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 05:10:52 UTC 2009

2009/8/12 Sue Gardner <susanpgardner at gmail.com>:
> I definitely sympathize with people wanting to be connected and aware of what's going on with the staff. I'd be curious to know what kinds of information people find most useful of what we publish today, and what you'd like to see more of -- and also what you think of the other channels we publish through, e.g., the tech blog, the Foundation blog, press releases, etc.  And I do also appreciate your patience as we get caught up on this most recent backlog :-)

Of the monthly reports I find the Milestones and Key Priorities bit
you always start off with very interesting and useful. Reports on
one-off events that took place during the month (such as the chapters
meeting in this one) are usually quite interesting (I was at the
chapters meeting, so I already knew about that, of course! Usually it
is stuff I wasn't previously aware of.). Tech stuff I usually find out
about through out routes (mainly the wikitech-l mailing list,
sometimes the tech blog), so I don't pay much attention to that
section of your report. The rest I skim through and usually find one
or two things of interest, but most of the interesting stuff has
usually already been announced or at least mentioned elsewhere by the
time the report comes out. More details about what is planned for the
next month would be nice, since that gives us an opportunity to
comment before it happens rather than just complain afterwards - of
course, you need to carefully manage how much time you spend reading
replies to your reports so as to find a moment here or there to do
some actual work!