[Foundation-l] Fwd: Election vote strikes

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 03:53:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Philippe
Beaudette<pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> [Greg]
>> I'm interested in knowing the nature of the error (understanding is
>> the key to avoidance in the future!)
>>
>> I'd also like to know if any users were denied the ability to vote who
>> should have been permitted on account of this error?
>
> It was a coding error; it was corrected.
>
> This is important:  NO ONE WAS DISENFRANCHISED BY THE ERROR. People
> were given suffrage who weren't entitled.

Thanks, Greg—that was my follow-up question, but you beat me to it.  I
trust Philippe when he says that the error was on the side of
enfranchising people, but I'd like to know the exact nature of the
discrepancy.

My understanding is that Tim Starling can shed some light on this.  Tim?

Austin