[Foundation-l] Update on struck votes issue on SecurePoll

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:58:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Casey Brown<lists at caseybrown.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Milos Rancic<millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And is there some data about those numbers from last elections?
>
> A page with a large number of stats[1] was linked from the Results[2]
> page last year.  I think that's what you want.  Well, actually, it
> gives a lot of statistics... but seems to be missing one of the most
> important ones: number of eligible voters.

There exists a pre-calculated list of eligible voters used to
authorize access to the polls.  Is there any reason that this couldn't
be made public as soon as it is generated?

With good eligibility data available spiffy graphs like mine from 2007
can be generated:
http://toolserver.org/~gmaxwell/election_analysis/ivote3/graphs.html