[Foundation-l] Five pillars and 'WP:Consensus' in WP:NOT

wp99 ----- wp99system at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 22:12:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

The last time, I asked a question how to share WP:NOT idea among WP
local projects.
I really appreciate lots of informative feed backs.

According to your replies, I confirmed that basically, officially,
only requirement is that they follow the founding principles
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Founding_principles.

   1. Neutral point of view as a guiding editorial principle,
   2. The ability of anyone to edit (most) articles without registration,
   3. The "wiki process" and discussion with other editors as the
final decision-making mechanism for all content.
   4. Free licensing of content; in practice defined by each project
as public domain, GFDL, CC-BY-SA or CC-BY.
   5. Maintaining room for fiat to help resolve particularly difficult
problems. By convention, Jimbo Wales and later Arbitration Committees
retain certain authority on the English Wikipedia (and other wikis set
up similar frameworks) — to make binding, final decisions such as
banning an editor.

At the same time, I see (in english WP)
Wikipedia:Five pillars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Five_pillars

As you see, this looks very fundamental 'pillars' to define what wikipedia is...

        Wikipedia is an encyclopedia
	Wikipedia has a neutral point of view
	Wikipedia is free content
	Wikipedia has a code of conduct
	Wikipedia does not have firm rules

Clearly, NPV and free-content(free licensing of content) are shared
between the founding principles and the WP-5-five-pillars.
The first one is - an encyclopedia, which is an obvious definition of
the wikipedia project.

So, what I would like to watch closely here are the last 2 pillars,
Wikipedia has a code of conduct
Wikipedia does not have firm rules

To me, Wikipedia:Consensus that is a part of
Wikipedia has a code of conduct
tightly connects to

Wikipedia does not have firm rules = Wikipedia:Ignore all rules,
WP:NOTLAW,
WP:NOTDEMOCRACY.

and basically mentions the same concept, it looks like.

So, my questions are  as follows.

1. While Wikipedia:Five pillars includes Founding_principles and the
definition of WP(Wikipedia is an encyclopedia), is this still english
local WP pillars?
or
What do you think if we share the WP pillars among WP local projects?
What do you think if a local WP project refuses to share the WP pillars?

2. What do you think 'IF' a local project like ja-wp ,as a result,
determines discard the essence of the concept -WP:Consensus and prefer
treat WP:rules as a Law?

That's it, thanks.
Regards,

--wp99