[Foundation-l] Board election spamming

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 10:38:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com>wrote:

> I already voted when I got my email, and I didn't think it was spam. I
> smiled at the fact that Wikimedia is making sure everyone who can vote has
> the opportunity.

Indeed. I had already voted, and got an email, but I'm not going to do any
complaining. It's one email, for Pete's sake.

That said, I have seen some good suggestions in this thread, that might be
helpful for next year:

   - Consider excluding accounts that have already voted, or sending them a
   different email.
   - Consider excluding bot accounts
   - If possible, try to get these out a bit sooner. I know it's hard.

Either way, thanks are due to those who handled this. So, thank you.

-Luna