[Foundation-l] Board election spamming

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 17:17:19 UTC 2009

2009/8/8 Casey Brown <lists at caseybrown.org>:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:40 AM, Thomas Dalton<thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have just received an email telling me I am eligible to vote in the
>> board elections when I have already voted. Please don't send
>> untargetted mass emails - they are spam.
>
> "telling me I am eligible" and "untargetted mass e-mails" don't really
> make sense together, do they?  Also, although you're only getting one
> e-mail once per year (will be every two years), you're free to opt-out
> (there are instructions in the e-mail you received).

Ok, "insufficiently targetted" then. Not emailing people that have
already voted seems obvious to me and should be very easy to check.

> /me wonders why you wouldn't just hit reply to the e-mail and send
> this message to people who actually can do something about it, rather
> than foundation-l.

I'm used to mass emailings not having working reply-to's set. Also,
sending it here should reduce the number of duplicate emails they
receive since other people will know the point has already been made.