[Foundation-l] Board election spamming

pbeaudette at wikimedia.org pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Sat Aug 8 05:05:03 UTC 2009

Thomas,

I'm sorry you got an email that bothered you.  Trust me, we try to make sure no one is bothered by them.  Sometimes people fall through the cracks, and I'm sorry that was the case here and in a few other cases.

We try - hard - to make sure that everyone who is entitled to vote knows it.  Hours of translator and committee time went into that email.  This morning, folks from the translation team worked hard to make the email as close as possible to perfect.  Werdna created and managed the scripts and other vols have worked hard to manage the (multi lingual) responses.  My point here is that we take suffrage very seriously and in our effort to make sure that EVERY qualified voter knew it, we didn't get it perfectly.

If that's the trade off for getting increased turnout in this critical election, I hope you can understand.  I will sleep well tonight, knowing that we erred on the side of hitting TOO MANY voters, instead of not enough.

For myself only, but quite sure others share my feelings,
Philippe