[Foundation-l] The end of donations

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 06:01:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:24 PM, David Goodman<dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pleased to accept the epithet.  Pro-freedom dogmatist describes me
> nicely with respect to many areas of life, including  both sexuality
> and access to information. I think it comes close to describing most
> of the people at Wikipedia in matters of personal life and of
> information.

I agree with access to information - and further concede that shining
light on dark concepts helps to destroy them. I agree also with
pro-freedom concepts, though I must ask that you concede my point that
being "dogmatic" is not as good as being intelligent. And that's not
to mention that "dogmatists" will often do more damage to their cause
than help.

> Those who support censorship are obviously not going to be our sources
> of funding.

Well we did turn down that NAMBLA funding for *some reason - was it
because they were not "pro-freedom?"

- Stevertigo