[Foundation-l] Upcoming tech hiring: CTO position split

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Aug 7 18:04:22 UTC 2009

Thank you for the update, Brion. You've been effectively wearing every
hat there is to wear for a person with technical skills in the
Wikimedia Foundation. That's an enormously challenging set of
responsibilities, and you've managed them very well, both in good
times and in emergency-crisis-mode-times. ;-)

Please note that nothing is going to change immediately, and we won't
hire a candidate for the CTO position unless and until we're happy
that it can work. We'll of course also clearly define the
responsibilities of the two positions.

Brion, thank you for taking this step, and for all your hard work over
the years doing an impossible job. :-)
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation