[Foundation-l] Voluntary self-regulation of multimedia service providers

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 07:15:08 UTC 2009

I quite agree (the analogy of paying taxes comes to mind!) - however I don't
see any tension between that position and also feeling that it's a good idea
to take a look at the principles involved in such codes of conduct etc. and
to see where 'we' (the broad WMF family, I guess) fit in....

http://www.iia.net.au/ also publish codes of conduct which we're under no
obligation to follow - it's just that we might like to take a look, and
discuss.....

I'll carry on / explain a bit more, if you might agree?

cheers,

Peter,
PM.