[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Policy Interlingual Coordinationn - WP:NOT

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 21:11:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Peter Coombe <thewub.wiki at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Yes, there's nothing wrong with saying "This policy from en.wp seems
> sensible, maybe we should have something similar?" This is different from
> slavish imitation.

Indeed -- I think Gerard expressed a similar idea. All wikis can and should
keep an eye out for good ideas and practices on other wikis, even outside of
the Wikimedia sphere, but in most cases there's nothing saying they *need*
to adopt policy from elsewhere.

A good idea is a good idea, but every wiki is different. The best people to
make that decision are the people working on that wiki.

-Luna