[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 01:40:08 UTC 2009

I could see this happening on Wikisource.

I mention it as another project because it would eventually involve
importing and organizing freely available metadata on roughly ten
million books, and defining a style guide for helping organizing
citations and comments about each as a source -- very different from
the current work going on at WS.

We need to publicly think about what each of the Projects will look
like when they fully cover their scope... or at a few major milestones
along the way.  That view would also help define what long-term
notability standards will look like for projects that currently reject
free knowledge about certain topics.

John V writes:
> 99% percent of "every published work" are free/libre.  Only the last
> 70 years worth of texts are restricted by copyright, so it doesnt make
> sense to build a different project for those works.

It's closer to only 10% that is free/libre -- the rate of publishing
has been growing geometrically for a number of decades, and it's the
last 85 years for some texts.

--SJ