[Foundation-l] presentations and marketing @ events

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 07:06:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Samuel Klein<meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> [[Presentations]]:  Are there any modern lists of speakers about the
> projects simiar to
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Presentations/speakers ?

Not to my knowledge.

> Is there someplace other than [[Presentations]] and [[Posters]] where
> people are expected to share new media?

No. But these pages are not publicised a lot.

> [[Marketing]] :  Arne and elian and guillom, call your office :)  this
> page has helpful links, even if they are out of date. WMDOC for
> instance... I liked this idea a lot, though it takes a lot of effort
> for the first edition.   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMDOC/matrix

WMDOC is not "out-of-date"; I started it a few weeks ago, but since
I'm the only person working on these documents, it takes a lot of
time.

> Do we have a modern press kit?  I was looking for one the other day...
> Elian's is still up on meta, but not updated.  That page should be
> tagged with a link to the current equivalent, or at least marked
> historical.  Has anyone been working on this sort of effort more
> recently?

I worked with Sandra Ordonez (the foundation's previous Communications
Manager) on a new one. When Sandra was replaced by Jay, Jay told me a
new press kit wasn't his priority. As a consequence, I am working on
it alone (as part of WMDOC), as a volunteer, and it takes a lot of
time.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]