[Foundation-l] presentations and marketing @ events

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 06:14:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Samuel Klein<meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:
> The annual report is pretty shiny.  Did people like it?  Who did that
> layout and design? The 'news' parts of the annual would make for a
> good one-pager in a modern kit.  And a monthly summary of Signpost,
> Kurier, and equivalent zines with a handful of photos might make
> another one...

It's shiny, for sure, but the average spectator didn't care.  The most
effective handouts, actually, were the B&W xeroxed flash cards
highlighting projects people hadn't heard of.  ("I use Wikipedia all
the time, but I had no idea there was a Wiktionary!")  The zines would
have actually been great, if we had only thought of it.

I think everyone will agree that we need to come up with a better
event kit, and at least two of the current proposals on the strategy
wiki refer to that.  I don't think we need to wait for any kind of
formal process to get started on it, though.

Austin