[Foundation-l] What's up with IdeaTorrent

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sat Aug 1 01:30:48 UTC 2009

2009/7/31 Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com>:
> Hi W,
>
> What is going on with IdeaTorrent? are we going to have one or not? do we
> need to have a Meta poll or something?

I don't think there's any opposition to implementing one. I think for
us to officially set it up we'd want to rig it up with CentralAuth to
avoid yet-another-login-database and simplify participation, and it's
simply not been justifiable to make the necessary
evaluation/customization/setup work a priority for the ops team. If
someone wants to start setting it up externally to play with the idea,
please don't hesitate to do so.

Right now we're looking into deploying Aaron's ReaderFeedback
extension to sort through the ideas posted to
<strategy.wikimedia.org>. It's a simple "rate this page" widget with
flexibly defined categories.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation