[Foundation-l] Board statement regarding biographies of livingpeople

Sue Gardner susanpgardner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 17:25:04 UTC 2009

I agree that the turnout was impressive, and I was also impressed that many of the wealthier chapters helped to fund travel for the less-wealthy.

I was also amazed by the volunteer devs, many of whom travelled long distances on their own dime (e.g., Aude, and many others).  I've spoken with Brion, and if it would help the devs to have some form of subsidy for their travel, or some form of other support, the Wikimedia Foundation would be happy to help next year.

It was all really great :-)
Sue