[Foundation-l] foundation-l Digest, Vol 61, Issue 44

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:03:11 UTC 2009

2009/4/22 Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>:
>> > The Wikimedia Foundation takes this opportunity to reiterate some core
>> > principles related to our shared vision, mission, and values. One of
>> > these values which is common to all our projects is a commitment to
>> > maintaining a neutral point of view.
>>
>> I find it a bit strange to talk of Wikimedia Commons as having a NPOV
>> policy.
>

> Should commons allow images which are biased?

Can an image be biased out of context? It is the usage of the images
that may or may not be biased, the images themselves are inherently
neutral. A recruitment poster used for recruitment is biased, a
recruitment poster used to illustrate that recruitment in an
historical context is not.

PS Please don't quote the whole digest!