[Foundation-l] Usability Study Results (Sneak Preview)

Naoko Komura nkomura at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 00:59:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will the final report include a note about how "unwelcome" User:NawlinWiki
> made the study participants feel when he indefinitely blocked their
> accounts
> for "abusing" Wikipedia?

We, the usability team, with lots of help from stewards and admins, worked
behind the scene not to expose such blockage to study participants.  I am
sure NawlinkWiki was doing his part in protecting Wikipedia.  We notified
this list and WikiEn about the usability study and described the usage of
these accounts in the user page, hoping to avoid such blockage.  But some
folks are double-cautious and I think that is a good thing.  We confirmed
that it is really the usability team of WMF doing the test, and could clear
the concern.  So it was not a problem.

Best,

- Naoko

--