[Foundation-l] Principle and pragmatism with nudity and sexual content

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:39:59 UTC 2009

Here are some pointers to commons discussions;

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Nudity
 - the commons policy on nudity, more focused on whether or not content is
useful than things like permissions.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Photographs_of_identifiable_people
 - mentions 'moral issues', but media generated from a distance can (and
are) argued to be non identifiable. This guideline would further seem not to
apply to material which doesn't feature the face (upskirt, downblouse,
closeup of boob etc.)

Further - the rationale for the outcome of a discussion is often rather
unpredictable - see

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Beach_in_Italy_(302214719).jpg

for a beach shot which was deleted, and

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Topless_Barcelona.jpg

for a beach shot which was kept.

It's my view that the later image should be deleted. Thoughts?

best,

Peter,
PM.