[Foundation-l] Principle and pragmatism with nudity and sexual content

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 21:46:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:

> This is under understanding the whole issue is not covered by BLP policy
> (I assume if a vagina is shown but the face is not this is not a BLP
> issue).

I would feel better if we got model rights whenever using someone's
body to illustrate an article.  If my hand is the primary
illustration, it's not at all respectful to keep that up if I ask you
not do so.  I don't much care what the law says here -- unless it's
verifiably hard to replace a model-approved image with an unapproved
one, we just shouldn't do it.

(and if you were to take photos of the hands of a professional hand
model, and not pay them for it, they would certainly sue you.  whether
they would win may vary by jurisdiction, but it is disrespectful.  and
respect is the important part of this discussion.)

John says:
> No one has proposed removing or hiding images
> depicting medical conditions. If you want to argue against something that no
> one is arguing for, you should start a new thread.

+1.   Thanks, John!

SJ