[Foundation-l] ID requirements proposed for Germans using video sites

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 17:27:45 UTC 2009

2009/4/23 Sebastian Moleski <sebmol at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> ... The WMF has
>> always said that it intends to follow US law only and not try and
>> cater to the laws of every country in the world - that includes
>> Germany

> {{citation needed}}

The same reason we told the National Portrait Gallery in the UK "sue
and be damned" and haven't heard a peep from them since ;-)

(Not that being hardarsed is a good way to make friends. The Victoria
and Albert openly encouraging photographers for Wikipedia Loves Art is
more the sort of example we'd like to encourage - help their
educational mission and encourage people to go along, look at their
stuff, chuck a few quid in the donation box, etc.)

- d.