[Foundation-l] New Business Partnership with Orange

Kul Takanao Wadhwa kwadhwa at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 23 07:39:16 UTC 2009

> Will there be at least a rough guide to where this deal will result in
> the logo turning up legitimately?

Yes. We have a list of portals/sites where they plan to profile the
content and the logo. We went through the list but we will review the
use every quarter and reassess as needed.

> Will any of the orange products support wikipedia's video format and
> by what mechanism?

We're not sure yet since we are just at the first stage of this but we
will give them as much advice as we possible can. We want to influence
them to move in the "right" direction but our tech team will actually
have some input (although not the final word) on their decisions b/c in
the end, it is their sites. But in this position we can have more
influence on the corporate world then we otherwise would have if we
weren't directly involved with them in regards to our video format, Ogg,
etc.