[Foundation-l] First data from Wikipedia survey published

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 21 01:35:19 UTC 2009

2009/4/17 Thomas de Souza Buckup <thomasdesouzabuckup at gmail.com>:
> Erik,
>
> Congratulations! The results of this survey will be very useful for all of
> us. Could you please answer a couple of questions:
>
> - Can they/you/we "wiki" the results on Meta?
> - When will the data become available for the community?

I don't think there's any problem with wikifying what's released now,
but I've forwarded your inquiry to them as well. I think the only
concern is that the current analysis is still preliminary so shouldn't
be considered "the results", but a first overview of some selected
data. More analysis will follow incrementally, followed by a research
paper. After that the team will carefully anonymize the data and make
it available under CC-BY. My understanding is that the timeline is
roughly as follows:

April to July: incremental publication of preliminary analysis
Summer: publication of research paper
Fall: publication of anonymized data under CC-BY.

HTH,
Erik
--
Erik Möller