[Foundation-l] Alternating sitenotices is kinda confusing

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:49:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Mike.lifeguard
<mikelifeguard at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> So far as I know, this is solved by givine each centralnotice a
> different id (which is how they're identified to be hidden - or at least
> that was the case in the past). Should be easy to do.

In the current implementation, hiding central notices is a binary
state (either all hidden or all shown).  There is no ID.  Such an ID
exists in the notices used locally at places like enwiki, but not the
global notices.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/centralnotice/wikimedia/en/centralnotice.js?207xx

-Robert