[Foundation-l] Pictures of Bangkok riots

Waerth waerth at asianet.co.th
Tue Apr 14 12:23:17 UTC 2009

When I joined wikipedia 5 years ago we had something called ASSUME GOOD
FAITH. That meant that you didn't nominate stuff for deletion first. You
ASKED someone first! I have been on the projects for well over 5 years
now, I have written over 1000 articles. People could ask first. How is
the project hurt if someone waits a day instead of within an hour
nominating something for deletion without asking first.

The problem is all these selfmade programs with which the admins do
their adminning. They just press a button and everything is done. No
brains are used anymore. You could have a monkey be an admin on
wikipedia and no-one would notice the difference.

Wikipedia used to be a human project once. It is now ruled by robots and
automated responses. Which means that people have forgotten that if you
see an experienced user ERR on the wrong you ask him first and not
immediately put something up for deletion. Another wikipedian, Jojan
asked me politely first so I did what he asked. Ciell put up for
deletion first and only after I got angry she asked ... wrong order!

Waerth

And no I will not add the license myself, I am waiting for Ciell to do it.