[Foundation-l] Non-free content on Commons

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 05:29:18 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 3/31/09, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Non-free content on Commons
> Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 9:48 PM
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:45 PM,
> Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > This is a (predominantly) English-language mailing
> list, so using
> > those traditions used in the English-speaking world
> seems to make
> > sense to me.

> Of course, wasting resources on april 1st is very
> sensical.
>
> And who cares about purported reach to the whole world and
> all that fancy
> words
> let's bother them with our idiotic pranks becuase we are
> majority and
> thereforewe have the right to do so
>
> Very good attitude on the wikimedia foundation list (I
> don't care if you do
> so on english wikipedia list)

Right, it obviously "the pompous English majority" conspiring here because you received a prank from every English speaker on the list.

If the list were in Spanish so every immature youth in Latin America with too much time on their hands could access it without scholarship, you would be unable to spare the rest of us on Dec 28.  Follow David's example and ignore those who actually choose to waste your time and spare the rest of us your stereotyped rant.

Birgitte SB