[Foundation-l] Agenda for October board meeting

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 21:26:36 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:

> Staff
> Related topic. Part of the job of the board is to set into place a
> management (the ED), and then to regularly evaluate the job of the
> management. Of course, such an evaluation can only be honestly done when
> the management is given a collection of measurable goals to reach. When
> I quit the board, Sue had been there for a year.

Since no-one other than me has stood up to clarify the above,
purely in the interests of leaving nobody on this list with an
incorrect impression of the way things went about the board
of trustees (even if they joined this list very lately); let us all be
very clear that Florence Devouard never resigned from the
board (despite her very confusing use of the word "quit" above).

What Florence Devouard did do was to refrain from contesting
the election, and putting herself forward for evaluation by the
community as to whether she deserved to serve on the board
another term. While it is sad that *her* performance was not
judged by the community in this manner, we can merely speculate
what its outcome would have been.

But let us be very clear. Florence did not quit. She declined
the opportunity to be evaluated for her job performance by
the community. For whatever reason.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen