[Foundation-l] NYT: Who owns the law? (Noam Cohen)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:09:06 UTC 2008

2008/9/30 John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com>:
> Absurd.  Most recently written copyright laws are very clear that laws
> and judicial opinions are in the public domain.  add Israel and
> Azerbaijan to the growing list appearing in this thread.

Okey. As I've said I'm more familiar with British based law than
French based (is Azerbaijan Russian based?). The problem is that
British does not have PD laws and has never done so which means that
anyone with an English law based legal system who hasn't updated the
relevant sections will not have PD laws. Rather a lot of countries
have English law based legal systems.

--
geni