[Foundation-l] Old newspapers going to destruction

John at Darkstar vacuum at jeb.no
Tue Sep 30 04:30:10 UTC 2008

It is not that people, and researchers, don't want access to the
newspapers, they are not allowed to access them. Even a doctorand that
wanted to get access to them to do a study on some of the letters
written by Henrik Ibsen was refused to get access, because as they said,
"the newspapers are in the store".

Due to restructuring of the norwegian military a lot of space are freed
up in the old military compounds. It seems rather special that there are
a lot of state-owned storage space nearby and at the same time the
university claims they don't have enough storage area.

John