[Foundation-l] PMS propaganda?

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:13:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Roberto Corda
<roberto.ilcorda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: "Milos Rancic" <millosh at gmail.com>
>> 2008/9/27 Roberto Corda <roberto.ilcorda at gmail.com>:
>>> [[http://pms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lese_%C3%ABl_piemont%C3%A8is_version_spagneula|
>>> Traslate (rough): '''we want to teach respect to all the language an
>>> we want that people start to use local languages.''
>>>
>>> Personally I agree with that thesis, but I also think that is POV and
>>> it must be deleted from the page (and maybe published elsewhere)
>>
>> This is under Wikipedia name space. Under that name space CPOV
>> (Community POV) is applied, not NPOV.
>
> What?
> Sorry but it doesn't makes sense. Anyway they changed.

Simply, you can't describe your aims by using NPOV. It is always some
kind of POV. For example, claim like "Wikipedia's purpose is to bring
free knowledge" is not NPOV, but very POV: you are defining what is
the purpose; free knowledge is also a very POV position. All of that
is defined by community consensus.

You may criticize their position if you don't agree, but you can't
urge that something should be written in NPOV if it is not possible.