[Foundation-l] Freedom, standards, and file formats

Henning Schlottmann h.schlottmann at gmx.net
Sun Sep 28 10:37:50 UTC 2008

Michael Snow wrote:
> I mentioned earlier that I wanted to discuss open standards and file
> formats in advance of the next board meeting.

Send a message to the public W3C-list, signed by you and Brion, that the
Wikimedia Foundation wishes to hold a six-month discussion phase on
which free, open video standard to use on MediaWiki and the Foundations
wikis. State that you want all the browser guys involved in that
discussion because you want this standard to be natively implemented in
all consumer browsers within 18 months from now. Send it out as a press
release as well.

The Foundation is a big boy now and can make such demands.

Ciao Henning