[Foundation-l] Language proposal policy - Without Internet Access

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:45:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Crazy Lover
<always_yours.forever at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A lot of people, in the development world don't have a computer, also have no internet access. It isn't really
> realistic for a large number of languages with millions of native speakers (capable in sharing knowledge), think about starting a Wikimedia project, much less to succeed.
>
> unfortunately, in these circumstances, the purpose of the foundation will not be able to achieve, despite our wishes.
>
> it is absurd that the langcom insist on maintaining a policy highly inaccessible, when the world is already extremely restrictive

The fact is that, let's say, Yoruba language will have more native
speakers during this century than all classical, constructed and art
languages together. The fact is, also, that the number of native
speakers of Yoruba with access to Internet *today* is much greater
than the number of native speakers of all classical, constructed and
art languages. So, if we have some problems with hardware or so, the
first languages about we shouldn't care are classical, constructed and
art languages. If it is about some urgency, English and other world
(natural) languages are enough as lingua francas.