[Foundation-l] Agenda for October board meeting

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Thu Sep 25 20:57:11 UTC 2008

Ian A. Holton wrote:
>> the path toward "sub-national" chapter organizations
>>
> I am especially interested in the outcome of this point, as I could imagine
> that especially in larger countries (the US springs to mind), as well as
> countries with large metropolitan regions (most European countries) that may
> have an interest in setting up a "sub-national" chapter instead of
> inofficial / casual meetups.

Well, a meetup is still a good thing that can be useful itself, not just
as a stepping stone to chapter activity. "In addition to", perhaps,
rather than "instead of". I wouldn't want to discourage people getting
together informally too. But that's nitpicking, I understand your larger
point.

--Michael Snow