[Foundation-l] Can anyone really edit Wikipedia?

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Thu Sep 25 19:26:40 UTC 2008

This long-standing complaint of wiki complexity, e.g., that users must write
encyclopedia articles in a turing complete language,  is reminiscent of the
motivations for cascading style sheets. You need to separate style from
content for maintainability and accessibility. Likewise, users should not be
specifying infobox structure and content in the same place (I use infoboxes
as an example). The interfaces really need to be separate - you edit the
infobox using html form fields, and you specify the structure and style of
the infobox and it's form fields using some kind of interface language.
There are some weak extensions to help users fill out tables and the like
with this method and it really should be expanded on IMO.

(Not sent from my iPhone)