[Foundation-l] Old newspapers going to destruction

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 12:59:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:43 PM, John at Darkstar <vacuum at jeb.no> wrote:
> I wish someone would support Project Runeberg or Project Gutenberg so
> they could scan them and make them _free_...
> John

Project Gutenberg is a depository and helps by providing mailing
lists, but it doesnt *do* digitisation.  Project Gutenberg Europe
might be able to help you find someone.

http://pge.rastko.net/

Distributed Proofreaders (DP) is the project that does the hard work,
and is where you will find people to help.

There is a DP Europe, but they dont appear to have produced many
etexts; still - it is worth letting them know as someone might be
looking for this golden opportunity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_Proofreaders
http://dp.rastko.net/

Internet Archive might also be able to help; I have forwarded your
email to someone who works there.

--
John Vandenberg