[Foundation-l] Jeff Merkey Fiasco on English Wikipedia

jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Tue Sep 23 07:12:09 UTC 2008

This is in response to SirFozzie's (David Yellope) comments below.  I
waited to respond until all of the evidence had been collected and
reviewed.

>from sirfozzie at gmail.com
>I've received information on the issue with Mr. Merkey attempting to get
another user fired from his real life job.
>To the best of my ability, I've confirmed that Mr. Merkey HAS called
another Wikipedia user's work superior twice (in June and again,
recently) >in an attempt to harass that user with spurious complaints.
>Mr. Merkey is currently in the 13th month of a one year English Wikipedia
ban (reset several times due to ban evasion via IP Addresses). I have
forwarded the information I've received to the English Wikipedia
>Arbitration
>Committee for use there, or at the OFFICE/FOUNDATION level.
>I think at this point, the best policy with regards to Mr. Merkey, is to
politely request to him that if he has any further wish to communicate with
>or about Wikipedia, that he do so privately and via his representative.

David,

I recorded the telephone conversations with Paul Fagerburg's employer and
I want you to know, at no time did I ever ask that Paul be fired, in fact,
I asked he NOT be fired and I called to inform them that IP addresses
originating from their location were involved in off-wiki harassment.
This is no different than Wikipedia sending abuse reports regarding
vandalism.

You also should consider the fact that Paul's employer is liable for the
misuse of their network, and its unlikely they will admit their liablity,
so I do not believe you and if they said this they are lying and I can
prove it.

I discussed this situation with Mike Godwin and have been advised to
obtain a civil stalking injunction to halt this abuse against ALL editors
who participated.  Three separate numbers called and harassed Mr. Aguilar.
 One of them has been verified to be Paul Fagerburg.  Given the fact that
yourself, William McKinney, and another editor placed into an oversighted
edit summary "your company switchboard seems to think otherwise" then
later Paul Fagerburg posts to Wikipedia a retraction (after calling them
again) "well they said he used to work there" after he called them again
and they told him I NEVER worked there, leads to the inescapable
conclusion you and others were involved in this.   The icing on the cake
is Werdna posting a page stating "do not unblock merkey without fagerburgs
permission".

Thanks for making the case Wikipedia is nothing more than an online
stalking mill and its admins act in concert with stalkers to harrass users
-- even when they are not editing on the site.   Wikipedia needs to clean
up its act.

This is a formal notice that the following individuals will be served with
a civil stalking injunction for participating in off-wiki telephone
harassment:

Paul Fagerburg
David Yellope
William McKinney

Wikimedia is advised these users are the subject of legal action for
engaging in criminal stalking and telephone harassment in violation of
Utah Codes 76-09-201 http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_09_020100.htm
and 77-3a-101 http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE77/htm/77_03a010100.htm.
Legal action has been initiated in the 4th Judicial District Court for
online stalking and harassment.

Posting of banning notices or any other form of harassment may result in
other editors being the subject of further action since these actions
violate Utah Codes 76-09-201
http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_09_020100.htm -- its online
harassment.   The arbcom is not immune.

You people leave me alone and I leave you alone.

Jeff