[Foundation-l] cheatsheets: proofreaders wanted

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 00:47:33 UTC 2008

Very nice. :)

The only language I should be proofreading in is probably English, though...

I did notice a few things, which I'm only pointing out since I could see
these being printed en masse. ;)

Regarding the *en *version:

   - "bullet list" vs. "numbered list" (should probably be "bulleted" for
   consistency)
   - In the "result" column, some entries have the first letter of their
   first word capitalized, and others do not.
   - On en.wikipedia, at least, we use "sentence capitalization" for
   headings -- should we demonstrate that, even if we don't mention it? Say,
   "level 2" becomes "Second-level heading" or some such. Just a thought.
   - For signatures, the leading "--" isn't actually required.
   - May want to use a list of non-scalar values as the example for a
   bulleted list ("milk, cheese, cookies" rather than "one, two, three"), to
   better distinguish when each list might be useful.

Also, quiddity's suggestions sound like they have merit.

The new version looks a bit more eye-catching, which I rather like. Uses
more of the page space, a bit more contrasting color.

The *es, hu, it, nl, and sv *versions have some odd linebreaks, in the wiki
text column, owing to text length. Not sure if that might be confusing or
not.

Thanks for putting these together, I like them.
-Luna