[Foundation-l] deviation from the GFDL in smaller projects

David Moran fordmadoxfraud at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:59:23 UTC 2008

To be fair, I only had a very hazy understanding of copyright until I
started becoming very involved with Wikipedia and Commons.  Contributors
take the lead from more experienced contributors, but in lots of these
projects which are still pretty embryonic there isn't a significant enough
body of experienced contributors to spread certain bodies of knowledge as
effectively as we'd like.  It's not far off from en-Wikipedia's very early
days.  Other projects will grow up in time.

Ford MF