[Foundation-l] Data retention

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:29:25 UTC 2008

Hello,

> harm in publishing that actual practice, but the foundation shouldn't
> be committing to continuing that practice - it chose what to commit to
> very carefully when writing the policy and with good reason,
> restricting itself further would make things harder without
> significant gain.

When we initiated the idea of having better privacy policy and data
retention documentation, the idea of making actual numbers public was
always there.
Still, people have to realize that the actual numbers can be different
from a week-old documentation, and various copies and interpretations
of documentation can be desynched too.

It is very difficult to commit with a resolution, that every aspect of
data retention has to be accurately described.

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]