[Foundation-l] Language proposal policy

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:36:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> My question is a different one; consider how well the Turkish projects would
> do if their localisation was outstanding.

Do you have any evidence that they would do better than they do now?
I'm very doubtful about it - it doesn't look like the untranslated
messages are coming up in normal reading and editing at all. And I
very much doubt that the Turkish Wikipedia is in any way hindered by
the fact that if they would at some time in the future appoint someone
with Oversight access, they better choose someone with knowledge of
English or translate things first.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com