[Foundation-l] Language proposal policy

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 07:16:40 UTC 2008

It seems like there's a history of fearmongering with you.

It used to be about the Nauruan Wikipedia, and if we didn't impose
some kind of strict limit on new languages, we'd be totally screwed.

Now it's Siberian.

Of course it is good to learn from our mistakes, but there isn't only
one possible path to take to improve our lot, as you portray it.

It seems like you're saying if we don't do it my way, we're all going
to be screwed. There are other ways, Gerard. You say that none of them
are better; I disagree. However, I think that even if none of them are
better, many of them would do equally well at getting the job done.
There is no reason the current language proposal policy needs to be
treated like the word of God, we can and should modify it. Cautiously,
of course, but I don't think Ancient Greek = Siberian.

Mark