[Foundation-l] Language proposal policy

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 06:53:04 UTC 2008

Hoi,
What we do is done to make information available. Our main objective is not
the creation of content, but the publication of content to readers. It is a
well established fact that localisation is one of the best methods of making
our content more accessible to our readers.

Andre, you and I are fortunate that both the English, the German, the Dutch
and the French Wikipedias have a continued great localisation. These are the
languages that a typical Dutch person will read. Consequently ou do not know
the problem of limited localisation because you do not experience it.

When you say that it is a bother for editors that they have to localise, I
will agree. However, all this work is necessary to make the content they
create more accessible to the readers. It is the readers and getting more
readers that everything centres around.
Thanks,
        GerardM