[Foundation-l] Delete of Article History and GFDL

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:18:50 UTC 2008

> By the way, an example of a time when an edit *should* be
> oversighted/deleted without being reverted first:
>
> User A creates a BLP.
> User B adds confidential information about the subject of the biography.
> Users C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J make positive contributions to the BLP.
>
> Then the confidential information is discovered.  To delete the confidential
> information you have to delete the revisions created by users B, C, D, E, F,
> G, H, I, and J.  You could do this by reverting to the version by User A,
> but why in the world *should* you be forced to do that?

And which solution do you consider to be better? If you just remove
the wrong part of the article and then oversight/delete the revisions
B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, the history would look like _you_ added all
the positive contributions (added by users B–J). Which is, among other
problems, a copyright violation.

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]