[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Poetlister sockfarm nailed

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 15:09:18 UTC 2008

Aphaia has said a number of times that she was involved in the investigation
and didn't resent or have any negative feelings towards the en.wp folks
involved in wrapping this up. So far those are the only clear statements
that I've seen from her regarding her view of this event in a "cross-wiki"
context. I understand from other comments that she isn't willing to focus on
this problem until the question of en.wikiquote's future is resolved -
although from what I read the last I checked, the proposal for closing en.wq
was unlikely to even approach consensus.

It's as obvious to me as it is to most people - this person was engaged in a
long-term project of bamboozling the entire Wikimedia community, not just
individual wikis. It may be that it will take a Wikimedia community decision
(and not an en.wikiquote community decision) to put an end to MB's presence
on all projects. It may also be that most of us are used to the pace of
decisions on the English Wikipedia - where responses to this sort of thing
are very quick and complete. It is true that since the privileges of MB on
WMF projects are contained and limited, the potential for damage (while we
await action from en.wq and others) is small.

Nathan