[Foundation-l] Klassical Chinese

Tomasz Ganicz polimerek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 12:25:54 UTC 2008

2008/9/10 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> 2008/9/10 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu>:

>>> It means that when there isn't an nationalist region to oppose a
>>> language which provides access to greater information and
>>> opportunities it's use can become widespread.
>>
>> Well that just doesn't make any sense, given that Poland is quite nationalist.
>
> Try speaking Russian in Poland. While there is a fair degree of
> nationalism in Poland there isn't much in the way of opposition to
> English

Well, You might be supprised. Actually in around 25% of Polish
secondary schools there is a teaching of Russian. It is less popular
than English or German, but much popular than French. Actually young
people learn those languages, which they assume may help them find
good job in the future. A combination of German and Russian or English
and Russian looks interesting in CV, especially if you are looking for
a job in international company.

--
Tomek "Polimerek" Ganicz
http://www.ganicz.pl/poli/