[Foundation-l] New Meta-Wiki logo - Approved?

Kalan kalan.001 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 19:14:53 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 02:46, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> And to license it under some copyleft license? While the Community
> logo is under PD, any derivative may be under anything else. Writing
> "Wikimedia Meta wiki" at the logo makes from it a derivative work.

Perhaps, but then the PD part, the icon, may still be used with no
restrictions; and it is much more essential part of the logo than the
text :)

> But, I am not a lawyer, and I don't know how it may help, if it may
> help at all :)

I'm not a lawyer as well, but as far as I can say, PD revocation would
meet utter difficulties, if even possible. If I am correct here, all
this discussion is rather theoretical…

— Kalan