[Foundation-l] more classical languages wikipedias approved by langcom and board of trustees.

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:32:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> About how much effort does it take, from *outside* the people who want to be
> involved with the project, to start and stop a new project?  I always got
> the impression it was "flip a switch" to start it, and "flip a switch" to
> stop it, and that the rest of the effort would be undertaken by those who
> are interested in the project.

I dont know exactly, one of the techs will have to answer this.
However, I would agree with you on the assumption that it's probably
relatively easy by now.

Most of the effort that I am talking about is cleanup and maintenance.
I've seen projects where 95% of the edits made in a given month were
either spam/vandalism and stewards coming in to clean it up. I would
argue that when a project serves no other purpose then as a battle
ground between stewards and vandals, that it should probably be
closed.

--Andrew Whitworth