[Foundation-l] Community draft of language proposal policy

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:35:05 UTC 2008

Hoi,
This "Best Current Practice" 47 allows for codes that we will not ever
accept. Therefore replacing something that you consider the only game in
town, is definetly not the standard that we  will accept for the acceptance
of new projects. While it is accepted that the ISO-639-3 will be included in
the RFC 4646-bis, it currently is not and has not been for a long time.

Acceptance of the RFC 4646 as the standard to go by would mean that we split
the en.wikipedia.org in the many variants accepted under this standard. Not
a good idea you will agree.
Thanks,
      GerardM