[Foundation-l] Community draft of language proposal policy

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 14:59:35 UTC 2008

Hoi,
The IETF has been involved in incorporating the ISO-639-3 for over a year
since the moment this version of the standard became official. The new
proposed RFC will be the RFC 4646-bis. Many languages that we recognise in
the Wikimedia Foundation are not recognised in the RFC 4646. It is exactly
because of this standard being behind the time that we use the ISO-639-3.
Thanks,
      Gerard